you The Learner Driver’s Logbook is a progress and appointment record, driving test tips reference, and notebook all in one!
Learning to drive is like picking up any new skill, it needs a planned and structured approach if it is to be successful. There is a lot to take in, a lot of rules to remember.
As your ability and experience develops, there comes a time when you must gain independence. You need to become a driver who is capable of making your own decisions and carrying them out safely. There is not much point in being constantly coached all the way through every lesson and then being abandoned to your own resources when you take a driving test. You must become largely independent before this time to know that you are ready for the test.
This is how it works:
- The first stage of training is when you are introduced to a new topic and carry this out with help from your instructor.
- Stage two, is when you can carry out this new skill yourself after being prompted by your insructor.
- At stage three, you should be acting by yourself and only need occasional reminders.
- Stage four is reached when you can carry out the skill without the need of guidance or prompting.
It is only when you have reached stage four in all aspects of the driving test syllabus that you can answer the question “How do I know when I’m ready for the driving test?”
Using the Learner Driver’s Logbook you can use the charts to mark off and monitor your progress. Included with each competence area are helpful driving test tips, reminders, and Highway Code references. This will give you a handy guide to help you decide whether or not you have reached your goal in each area.
There are also pages where you can write down your lesson appointment times; as well as the date and time of your driving test!
The Learner Driver’s Logbook will help you take a structured approach to your driving lessons, and enable you to track your progress as you prepare to take your test.
It also makes a great gift for anyone who is taking driving lessons.
This is one of the Driving Test Series which includes:
- The Highway Code & Theory Test Questions for Cars
- Teaching a Learner Driver (A guide for amateur instructors)
- The Learner Driver’s Logbook (Lesson plan & progress record)
- The Driving Test & How to Pass (An examiner’s guide to the ‘L’ test )
Available from Amazon in paperback